Who we are
Our website address is: http://physicianentrepreneur.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We collect information on contact forms and subscriber opt-in forms that allow you to communicate with us and allow us to provide information and subscriptions that you request.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- We log user activity on our website and use this information to determine which parts of our website are most interesting to our visitors, to improve the content and services we provide to you, to alert our team to problems, to defend and to aid in prosecution and other action against anyone that abuses or attacks our website.
Who we share your data with
- we may use companies/vendors acting on our behalf to fulfill your order, process your payments, or otherwise help us provide services to you on our behalf. Those companies (business associates) shall use your personal information only for that purpose.
How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Disclosures of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group of companies. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to a company/vendor acting on our behalf to fulfill your order or otherwise help us provide services to you on our behalf. Those companies (business associates) shall use your personal information only for that purpose.
in the event that this website sells or buys any business or assets;
if this website or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets; or
if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, or officers or employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How we protect your data
We employ firewalls, strong passwords, and tight control over the selection and number of people with access to your data.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We shall follow industry standard procedures to mitigate any data breach.
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Third party sites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.